Bending cell / Bending robot
Moving from job to job with complicated set-ups greatly influences productivity. Many people are involved in the bending process in determining part specifications, planning the process, and setting up machines.
Furthermore, the same manpower is required each time process is repeated. With this in mind it is easy to see how the bending process includes too much wasted time.
Amada provides a solution to improving the largest time consumer in the manufacturing process, the bending operation. By linking process planning in the office to sheet metal production on the floor, efficiencies can be greatly improved. CAD data from product designs can be utilized directly to automatically generate CAM data in a short time. Until now, automating the bending process was the most difficult aspect of bending.
Now, the ASTRO 100NT bending robot system can be operated easily by anyone, enabling productivity to increase.
The ASTRO CAM programming software
Quick and extremely accurate, this is definitely the ideal machine for sophisticated and small parts. The whole programming (press-brake + robots) ensured by the AMADA ASTRO CAM software.
The ASTRO CAM programming software is the first of its kind available in the world. Teaching robot positions is no longer necessary, and automatic bending can be achieved without increasing set-up times. Setting up repeat jobs is even faster by recalling a complete set of data from the SDD server. Controlling product flow and delivery time becomes reliable and predictable with automation. Scheduling capabilities allow unmanned operation time to significantly increase. Changing product quantities and jobs is also possible during scheduled operations. The advantage of the ASTRO 100NT are unparalleled, with performance that enables you to manufacture products at low cost and at a high level of consistency.
- Larger press brake and robots allow for enhanced multi-staging capabilities.
- Dual robot system allows for unmanned operation and maximum machine utilization.
- Flexible off-line programming system generates all articulation code for the robot and press brake movement.
- Advanced programming software accepts 3D BMF files and virtually eliminates "Teach Mode".
- Precision press brake provides dimensional part angular accuracy to ±0.25° and ±0.004” flange accuracy.
- Sectionalized punch tooling is designed in short, easy-to-handle sections, providing quick setup and increased productivity.
- The unique down-acting design of the press brake eliminates shimming, as the hydraulic cylinders in the lower beam match the deflection of the upper beam to eliminate part canoeing.
- The robotic cell is a productive system with manufacturing lot sizes of 50 parts and higher.